AVG AntiVirus FREE
Combined AVAST and AVG technology for one powerful free security tool. AVG AntiVirus FREE is a fast, effective and extremely popular antivirus tool, mixing the best of AVAST and AVG’s technology.
How to Download and Install AVG Antivirus?
- Download the installer for AVG AntiVirus FREE from here and save it in a familiar location on your PC (such as your Windows desktop).
- Right-click the downloaded setup file and choose Run as administrator from the context menu.
- When prompted by the User Account Control dialogue for permission, click Yes (or Continue).
- In the top-right corner of the welcome screen, select your installation language, and click Install.
- AVG AntiVirus FREE is now installed on your PC and ready to use.
- The AVG Anti Virus FREE user interface is accessible via the system tray icons on your Windows taskbar or on your Windows desktop.
Renewing AVG AntiVirus, AVG Internet Security, or AVG PC TuneUp
To renew your AVG, please follow these steps:
- Go to AVG Renewal Center.
- Enter your AVG License Number into the License Number field and click Submit.
- Choose one of the subscription options. You can renew for one or two years.
- Tip: If you have AVG AntiVirus, you can either renew your product or renew and upgrade to AVG Internet Security in one step.
- Select the payment method. In some regions, a payment method by bank transfer may be available.
Note: Your email might be automatically pre-filled. If you would like to review or change your billing address, click Change Email.
6. Complete your payment by clicking Pay Now to proceed with the payment.
It is recommended to renew before the license expiration date. The new subscription will simply start immediately after the previous one expires, so there is absolutely no lapse in your coverage.
NOTE: To find your AVG License Number, open AVG program, and then click Support. You can also retrieve your license using the License retrieval form.
- Open AVG program.
- Click Update now.
If there are new update files available, AVG will download these files and update itself automatically.
B. Updating AVG offline (from a local directory)
If you need to update your AVG from local disk (e.g. when the Internet connection is not available), follow these steps:
- Go to www.avg.com/update.
- Select the update files you need (typically Virus definitions and All necessary modules for your operating system) and download them to a portable media, e.g. a USB flash disk.
- Open your AVG program.
- In the menu Options, click Update from a directory.
- Navigate to the folder where you stored the update files, and click OK.