Avast Antivirus is one of the most admired antiviruses that are elected by most of the people. It has different features that make it unlike from other antivirus software. Avast is very effortless to employ and has an incredible exposure rates. This antivirus supports against root kits, spyware and other diverse threats of virus. Avast antivirus has web guard that defends you PC from browser hijacks and also blocks the access of hijacked websites.
Download and Install Avast Antivirus
Download Avast Free Antivirus on your Windows, Android, and Mac. World-leading antivirus, compatible with all Windows operating systems. Free forever!
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
Install Avast Free Antivirus
- Log into Windows as a user with administrator permissions and ensure no other application or antivirus software is running on your PC.
- Click the button below to download the Avast Free Antivirus setup file, and save it in a familiar location on your PC (by default, all files are saved to your Downloads folder).
- Right-click the downloaded setup file
avast_free_antivirus_setup_offline.exe and select Run as administrator from the context menu.
- If prompted by the User Account Control dialog for permissions, click Yes (or Continueon older versions of Windows).
- To change the default setup language, click the current language at the top-right corner of the screen. Then click Install to proceed with default installation.
- Wait while setup installs Avast Free Antivirus on your PC.
- Click Continue on the screen below the message You’re protected.
- If prompted to protect your mobile device, use the relevant options according to your preference, or click the
X icon to close the screen.
Avast Free Antivirus is now installed on your PC and ready to use, but some components may not fully function until you restart your PC. The Avast user interface is accessible via the Avast system tray icon on your Windows taskbar or the Avast Free Antivirus icon on your desktop.
It is no longer necessary to register your Avast Free Antivirus as your initial free license automatically activates after installation.
Activating Avast Free Antivirus
It is no longer necessary to register your Avast Free Antivirus as your initial free license automatically activates after installation. When your free license expires, you can let the program automatically renew it. Alternatively, you can manually activate your 1-year license by following the steps in this article.
- Right-click the Avast icon in your system tray and select Registration information.
- On the My licenses screen, click the Upgrade now button next to Avast Free Antivirus in the list located under Licenses on this PC.
- Click Select in the Avast Free Antivirus column.
- Click the
X icon on the new screen that appears to return to the My licenses screen.
Your Avast Free Antivirus license is now activated for one year. The expiration date of your license appears under Licenses on this PC.
When your license expires, you can let the program automatically renew it or manually activate your license again using the steps above.
If you will ever get to a situation, when your avast license/subscription is expiring soon, you need act fast. When Avast 2018 is expired, you will stop receiving automatic virus definitions updates, which makes your system unprotected against the latest threats.
To find you how long is your subscription valid, open your Avast interface, go to settings (left bottom corner) » ‘Subscription‘. There you will see your status which can be ‘You are registered‘ and how many days you have left, or ‘Your registration has expired‘ if you have passed the expiration date.
Don’t worry, if your Avast registration has expired, and your protection has stopped, there is a simple way how to fix it and renew your subscription. You need to re-register yourself and get a new license for 1-year.
What To Do If Your Avast Free License/Subscription Is Expiring
Once your Avast protection will start expiring, you will start getting the following pop-up notifications with the message ‘Your Avast expires in X days – choose your protection‘. You basically need to select between the ‘Standard protection‘ (Free Antivirus) and ‘Complete protection’ (Internet Security).
What To Do If Your Avast Free License/Subscription Has Expired
If you have missed the expiration date, your Avast has expired. That means you are no longer protected. When you get to this state, you will start seeing these pop-up notifications with the message ‘Your license has expired‘.
If you have closed the expiration screen, you can also go directly to your Avast interface. Once opened you should see a red status ‘You’re in danger. Your Avast license has expired. Please register your Avast‘. Like on the screen below.
Avast Free Antivirus 2018 Expiration User Interface (You’re in danger. Your Avast license has expired. Please register your Avast)
To renew your free protection click on the green ‘ACTIVATE‘ button, or white ‘Please register your Avast’ link.
What To Do If Your Paid or Trial Avast License/Subscription Has Expired
We have used Avast Free Antivirus 2018 screenshots in this article, and these steps are applicable only to the free version of Avast.
If you are running any of the premium versions (Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, or Premier), you need to renew your paid or trial license. Alternatively, you can get the free 60-day trial at +1-877-701-2611.
Update Avast Antivirus through the user interface
- Open Avast Antivirus
- Click on Settings
- Select Update and click on Update (next to Program).
Update Avast Antivirus through the taskbar
- Right-click on the Avast icon
- Select Update and the click Program
Now you just have to wait until the update is completed. When asked to restart your computer, click Restart Now to reboot immediately.
Set Avast automatic program updates
- Right-click on the Avast orange ball icon in the system tray and select Open Avast user interface from the menu
- From the main menu, select Settings.
- Click Update in the left pane
- Select how the updates are carried out. The choice are
- Automatic update
- Ask when update is downloaded
- Ask when an update is available
- Manual update